Subject: Re: repeating concentric circles...a puzzle...
From: Brian Dady <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 1996 12:19:52 -0500

On Fri, 26 Jan 1996 [email-masked] wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Jan 1996, [email-masked] (Alan Chan ) wrote:
> >
> >The ripples map is called different things in different surface texture 
> >channels, but is essentially the same thing. If you map a texture on 
> >your object, you can either use a ripple texture on the Diff or 
> >Transparency channel. Set the surface value (on the main surfaces 
> >panel) to 0% and the value in the Texture panel to 100% (flip the 
> >values for Transparency). The ripple texture will be between these two 
> >values...
> 
> Seems to ME that the logical thing is to use either the LUMINANCE or DIFFUSION
> ripples map or, hey!, even BOTH with the same (or inverted) settings .  
> 

So, instead of ripples we must be talking about underwater texture?

=====================================================///===================
 Brian Dady --* Video Magic / modeller, animator    /// info != knowledge
 Santa Clara,   California / S/W developer      \\\/// knowledge != wisdom
=================================================\XX/======================